Friday, February 25, 2005

readings

In Dec 2003, I canceled my cable. There are two reasons. First, the cable company increased my monthly payment from around $50 to $55. Second, I wanted to read more and the TV is taking away most of my free time...(btw, I have about more 130 books in my wish list to be read; and there are 100's of books published every month). I still have TV and watch those broadcast channels.

With much more free time in 2004, I was able to read quite a few books. Below is the list. I am planning to write reviews for each one of them in future.

1981
Alive
White Fang
Call of the wild
The Sea-Wolf
Murder on Iditorod Trail
Red Line (avoid this one)
Under the Banner of the Heaven

Into the Wild
Into Thin Air
Eiger Dreams
Desert Solitaire (highly recommended)

No comments: